Below are the key views in which the work of Life Itself is grounded.
- Primacy of Being (opens new window) — at least assuming basic material needs are met, our “way of being” is the most important factor for both personal and collective wellbeing.
- Zen (opens new window) — the art of seeing into the nature of one’s own being, Zen points the way towards freedom.
- Four types of problem (opens new window) — we are suffering from a fetish of “techno-solutionism,” mistakenly thinking that all problems can be solved with science and technology.
- The Two Arms of Transformation (opens new window) — both economic and spiritual transformation are necessary to bring about a better future.
- Sketches of a Future Society (opens new window) — our vision for the future is one of spiritual wellbeing, collective wisdom and an open information economy which fosters collaboration, generosity and creativity.
- The Middle Way (opens new window) — this is the way Life Itself is seeking; a way which synthesises the best qualities of spirituality and pragmatism, engagement and reflection.
- True Joy in Life (opens new window) — “This is the true joy in life, to be used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one…”