Our intention is to bring about cultural and political transformation and to create a society that embodies our values of wisdom, well-being and awakening. We aim to achieve this by sharing the culture of Life Itself and by bringing a big vision conversation about social transformation into the mainstream.
Another more “concrete” way to break down what we do based on the concrete activities/entities we have in those areas
# Our Work
- Calls: Our online calls provide participants with virtual spaces for personal growth and transformation. Through our calls we share the culture and practices of Life Itself, creating a supportive community committed to personal transformation. https://lifeitself.us/calls/ (opens new window)
- Wiser: We write and curate information on how to cultivate a wiser way of living and deliver these ideas to our subscribers. Our content is tailored to support readers who want to contribute to solving the greatest crises facing our species and the planet. https://lifeitself.us/wiser/ (opens new window)
- Cultural Development Coaching: We offer cultural development coaching to organisations and businesses, using our practices and learnings to develop wise and well work cultures.
- Hubs: Our hubs are micro-cultures which embody [the values of Life Itself]. The hubs provide communal environments that support the well-being and self-growth of their residents and foster links with local communities through events, workshops and co-working spaces. The hubs provide a focal point for those interested in societal change and transformation to meet, discuss and collaborate. You can read more about the culture of our hubs in the Residency Agreement and you can find images and application forms for living in our hubs on our website. https://lifeitself.us/hubs/ (opens new window)
- Life Itself Institute: The Life Itself Institute carries out research into how we can create societies that are wise and well. By producing and sharing research, we aim to provide guidance on the practices, values and policies that can transform society and also foster a big vision discussion about social transformation which enters mainstream discourse. https://lifeitself.us/institute/ (opens new window)
- The Gathering: The Gathering is a yearly retreat for participants from a wide variety of backgrounds who all share a commitment to creating a wise, well society for the future. We meet to connect, discuss, experiment, meditate and reflect; to explore what it would mean to build a better future. https://lifeitself.us/gathering/ (opens new window)
- Possibility Now: Possibility Now is an initiative started by Life Itself to spark hope for social change and foster an open-minded, imaginative, collective conversation about how society can be transformed for the better. https://possibilitynow.org/ (opens new window)
- Contemplative Activism: Collective Activism is an initiative started by Life Itself to explore how we can bring contemplative awareness, skills and practices into activism and social leadership. Wisdom and awakening will be increasingly important if we are to successfully respond and adapt to the deepening ecological crisis we are facing. https://lifeitself.us/activism/is (opens new window)
# Associated Organisations and Initiatives
We are committed to building links with other initiatives and organisations with which we are aligned. This means both establishing companies that embody a wise, well work culture and partnering with pre-existing organisations working on social transformation.
- Datopian: Datopian is an open-source software and data technology company and is closely affiliated with Life Itself. Datopian fosters a work culture informed by many of the values and practices of Life Itself. https://www.datopian.com/ (opens new window)
- Untitled: Life Itself is currently curating events for the Untitled Imaginary Society Forum, a monthly online forum dedicated to fostering imaginative exploration of the social futures we can create. https://untitled.community (opens new window)
- Plum Village: Life Itself has collaborated with Plum Village Monastery on various events, such as a neuroscience retreat (opens new window) to explore how science and Buddhist psychology can be combined to enrich our understanding of the mind. https://plumvillage.org/ (opens new window)
Read more about previous and current collaborations between Life Itself and other organisations and initiatives: https://lifeitself.us/collaborators/ (opens new window)